Sunday, November 25, 2007

old habits die hard

Main Entry :change
Pronunciation: \ˈchānj\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): changed; chang·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French changer, from Latin cambiare to exchange, probably of Celtic origin; akin to Old Irish camm crooked
Date: 13th century
transitive verb
1 a: to make different in some particular : alter b: to make radically different : transform can't change human nature c: to give a different position, course, or direction to
2 a: to replace with another let's change the subject b: to make a shift from one to another : switch c: to exchange for an equivalent sum of money (as in smaller denominations or in a foreign currency) d: to undergo a modification of e: to put fresh clothes or covering on

When I decided to move it was because I wanted a change, its funny because whenever I turn the TV on these days I hear that word thrown around so often. While channel surfing I came across, Democratic Presidential hopeful Barack Obama declared that "change can't just be a slogan" as he voiced admiration for former President Clinton, while arguing that voters are looking for a new face that moves past the bitter wrangling of past campaigns. He is the candidate of change. He later went on to say "Change has to mean that we're not doing the same old thing that we've been doing." And those statements got me thinking.

Moving for change means that I shouldn't be doing the same old thing that Ive been doing. Yet Ive seemed to fall into my old habits of just working and then going home alone and bullshitting around. If I wanted to have a lame ass life I should have stayed my ass on the east coast.

It's funny that something Barack said made me reevaluate my life, since I not really a supporter of his, but I save that for an upcoming blog. Trying to find yourself is not an easy task, yet another blog I will save for another time. But regardless it's not easy, I made the leap of the move I just need to learn to make the leap of throwing myself out into the world. I don't want to end this blog with a lame cliche statement such as "Here I am World" but it kinda sums up how I feel.

No comments: