Wednesday, November 23, 2005

American Music Awards





Hmmm where to begin? Mariah opened the show and the performance well... I still loved it but she had a few technical problems.While accepting her award for Best Female Artist: R&B Mariah explained what happened. " Thank you so much! I just have to take a second and just... first of all, thank you so much for the warmth and the love. You have no idea. I have to thank Larry Klein because I was literally, you saw me run across the stage if you were sitting here, my dress was not sewn on, my ear monitors, that thing, not hooked up. So if anybody saw me pulling out things out of my ear, that was me like I gotta do some freestyling, do what I gotta do. So basically, thank you to the audience and if it wasn't right, I tried, I did the best I could." The rest of the show? Well it could best be summed up by TVGuide.com 's writer Matt Webb Mitovich "Mariah Carey's big comeback hit a sour note at Tuesday night's American Music Awards. The pop diva went into the ceremony with a leading four nominations, but went home with just one trophy: favorite female soul-R&B artist. Still, Carey wasn't the night's biggest loser. That honor goes to the show itself, which was hampered by more absentee honorees than a Razzies ceremony. Among the MIA winners: Green Day, the Black Eyed Peas, Eminem, Kelly Clarkson and 50 Cent. Heck, they couldn't even get Michelle Williams from Destiny's Child to show up. Not. Good. At. All." pics via mariahdaily.com and the bookLA.com

No comments: