Friday, January 05, 2007

brand new year

So New Year Eve has come and gone, and some of us hardly remember it, I personally decided to go a different route rather than going out club hoping. This year, well last year I wasnt really feeling the 'let's go out, drink and dancing mode' it was more the 'lets get some friends together with good food, good drinks deal.'It was nice and very chill just the way I like it, I hope all of you had a wonderful time as well whatever you did. Ive been reading the Anderson Cooper book Dispatches From The Edge and he had a great quote about New Years that I thought pretty much sums up the whole holiday. "I've always thought that New Year's Eve is proof that human beings are essentially optimistic creatures. Despite hundreds of years of pathetic parties and hellish hangovers, we contiune to cling to the notion that its possible to have fun on that night. It's not. There's too much pressure, too many expectations, too few bathrooms."

So true Anderson, so true. New Years to me isnt about the parties it's about the idea that there' a New Year to do all over, whatever mistakes you made in the past year, you can leave them there and have a fresh start. As far as resolutions go, they are pretty much health related, great better and hit the gym like every other America, except in my case Im not fat I just want to turn my 6 pack to a 8. But over all Im really looking forward to 2007, I turn 25 which by itself its a big deal to me. Mostly because Im hoping that I grow up a helluva lot this year lol, I cant keep fucking around forever. And by fucking around, I def dont mean sex.

No comments: