Thursday, July 28, 2005

TCA SUMMER PRESS TOUR ABC



So It's the summer press tour time again, the time of year where the networks present their new fall line ups to reporters, most of the time it can be a bleak event but every once and awhile someone shakes things up. TVguide Michael Ausiello does an AMAZING job taking notes at the tour I highly recommond reading his on hand take. ( http://tvguide.com/News/Insider/2005/0727/01insider.htm ) Well one of the highlights has been the backlash of ABC's hit show Dancing with the Stars where my favorite Kelly Monaco beat out "the favored" John O' Hurley. Ever since the show aired every rag has been talkin about how the votes were rigged and so forth. Simple fact of it all is that Kelly did a better job and she won. “I do not hold anything personally. I’m not going to go home and cry because someone did not like my dancing,” the actress from ABC’s “General Hospital” said Tuesday of a viewer backlash. "I did my job," said Monaco, whose was partnered with professional dancer Alec Mazo. "I did what Alec taught me to do, and I left it to the audience and the viewers to decide."
“I felt from the beginning this is fun for me. ... If you don’t like it, you don’t like it. I wouldn’t be sitting here if the whole world hated what I did."
Again for the best take on this story and any others from the press tour head over to TVguide.com, check out UPN Day 3 with Chris Rock answering questions from the media.. It's hilarious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heh heh heh heh heh .... Gotta love roanoke rapid nc daily herald