Wednesday, December 13, 2006

whats hot now..

The first half of the new Fall T.V. season is almost over, and I def have found more winners than losers, "Heros", "Ugly Betty" are gems. Not to mention "Grey's Anatomy", and "Desperate Housewives". Can you believe this is my first year watching Grey's? But there are two shows, that happen to come on the Sunday night that really take the cake.

"The Amazing Race" which is an oldie and "Brothers and Sisters" which is a newbie. Like Grey's this is my first time around catching "The Amazing Race", who happened to have just wrapped their 10th season this past Sunday. And I'm over the moon that my boys won the competition, I had been a Tyler and James fan from the start. The fact that they are hot probably played a big part in that also. Tho I am sad to see the show go, the upside is that it will be back in February with it's All-Star Edition.

You know I remember from back in the spring when there was talk about a possible new show for ABC called "Brothers and Sisters". All I knew was that Calista Flockhart was attached to the project and that was all I needed to hear. You have to be crazy not to have liked or at least seen an episode of Ally McBeal. But like the dramas on the screen there were a lot of behind the screen antics as well, writers in and out, actors being re casted, the pilot being shot, and re shot. With all of that said I was still eagerly looking forward to show, only knowing the basic plot. Basically the show gets picked up officially and months for it's premiere, the critics completey trash it. Thank god, people can think for themselves because "Brothers and Sisters" has become a breakout hit for ABC. The show has everything that a good family drama needs, A great cast(Sally Fields, Calista Flockhart, Rachel Griffins - who I hated on Sixth Feet Under but love on here) great heart warming story telling and a gay son lol.

I didn't grow up with a close family and that probably has made me a tad bit cynical when it comes to "family love" idea. Btw this isn't a woe is me moment, just the point that every week after watching "Brothers and Sisters" I find myself longing for that happy yet dysfunctional family. Any show that can evoke that can of emotion out of me, now that's what I call good T.V.

"Brothers and Sisters" air Sunday nights following "Desperate Housewives"

No comments: