Saturday, March 22, 2008

do.. do you have a first aid kit handy?

I feel really bad, that Ive had the cd for a little over a week (via the internet) and I couldnt have the review for the album up on the same day as the release.. Lazy ass I am... But anyways this past Tuesday March 18th, my girls from Making The Band (Danity Kane) release their 2nd cd.. Welcome to the Dollhouse...

Now I can say I was a fan of the girls from DAY 1.. before there was even a "band" Welcome to the Dollhouse def picks up where Danity Kane left off. Bringing the hits. As I have said before what makes a good album for me is when I can enjoy listening to it, fully without having to skip a lot of songs.

Watching this new season of the show, you hear bits and pieces of songs that honestly left me wanting more, and after checking out the cd it left me fullfilled. Right off bat the girls bring the heat with some energy pop with the songs "Bad Girls", (produced by Missy Elliott) "Damaged", and (my personal favorite) "Pretty Boy" Those are followed by two very sexy songs "Strip Tease" (another personal favorite) and "Sucka for Love" (a fun slow and sexy song, for those like myself who are addicted to kissing and hugging touching and rubbing)My biggest complaint is that there are too many "interludes".

The second half of the cd is where it becomes a every other song love for me "2 Of You" is a nice R&B track, but I thought that song was used for a soundtrack a couple of months ago so it was surpising to see that there. I love "Lights Out" which based on the MTB4 ep. that is a song that Dawn wrote, very nice and smooth song, but the biggest winner of the whole cd for me is "Poetry" I love love love love this song, soo pretty, I had an early rough cut of it, where the girls all sung different parts and it sounds soo different from the final version but I deleted off iTunes after I got the album version not thinking to check it out first. It wasnt any better/worst, just the same song with the girls singing different parts.

Overall I really enjoyed the album, I was a little surpised by how much I would like it. Ive heard songs from the guys (Day 26) and there are a few like 2 songs that I like so they have a lot to learn from the girls if they plan on being Bad Boy 4 life.

No comments: