Sunday, March 16, 2008

thoughts on SNL

As anyone who has read or looked at this blog knows I love love love love love MC.BUT last night on SNL wow, I was really let down, well not horribly because it was great to see her on tv.

"Touch my Body" was a song that when I first heard it, I wasnt it love but it grew on me, and I def love it now. But I was curious how it was going to be preformed, its not really the best song to do live. And last night def showed that, I must say MC looked great I LOVED the first look. The second not bad, except the see though like top, not my favorite. Which brings me to "Migrate" I really could hear it very well, from what I heard I didnt like. I think that again is another song that problems sounds awesome on a cd. It's funny b/c reading all the "professional" reviews of the album that is one of the songs that people commented on loving the most. So I guess I def had higher expecations from it. We shall see when a better produced version is available.

Now I did notice MC messing with her ear set during "TMB" which leads me to believe that she was having tech problems. Second, SNL isnt really the best place for her to shine, unless she is doing ballads. If this was the Mimi cd and she did "It's like that "and or "Shake if off" I do believe that they 2 would have sounded flat.

I am sad however that Tina Fey didnt write MC into a skit or two, the woman is hilarious and I would love to see her hosting. Maybe she will b4 the cd drops or after who knows. I love MC regardless but this wasnt a good show, it was almost as bad as the "We belong together" set she did a couple of year ago on the BET awards, also due to tech problems.

E=MC2 April 15th...

No comments: