Wednesday, March 26, 2008

letting go in the same boat

Life can be short, and lord knows accidents happen sometimes to those we love the most. These days we have so many messages of fear that creep into our lives. I found my little hospital stay a wonderful reminder to embrace everything and everyone you love. That letting go of the old resentments or anger really is worth it. It’s hard to enjoy a beautiful tree when all you are thinking is “damn that bastard!”

I know it’s all easier said than done, but it’s definitely my new goal to practice happiness.

A good doctor rummaged around in my tummy and found some things that shouldn’t be there. He took them out and put me all back together, and I feel a bit like re-arranged breakfast sausages, but oddly enough I feel operated on in a psychic way, too. I know I have had a lot of anger in the last few years, and don’t want anger to grow in me again in any way. I want to feel all the peace that this beautiful life has to offer. Perhaps that was the bigger lesson.

I believe we manifest a lot of the things that happen to our bodies. I don’t mean to say we are to blame for things that could be environmentally or genetically caused, but I think our minds are far more powerful than we give credit. I understand now why women wear lipstick to their mastectomy. On every level, it is good to reinforce our beauty and joy in living.

I hope that this new phase of my life is filled with “yes!” Yes to joy, yes to love, yes to friends, yes to life.
I hope you can feel some of that, too!


cady mCclain

No comments: