Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sooooo Good..

I dont know how I came across this movie, or why I even added it to my Netflix's queue. Maybe it was the fact that Kip Pardue stars in it and I really havent seen him in anything since Driven. For a movie to have been based about and filmed not too far from where I live blows my mind cause I dont remember hearing anything about it.

Loggerheads is based on a true story that tells about birth mother, child, and adoptive parents of the child. I really hate writing summarys of movies cause I tend to go on and on..lol. So with some help i'm gonna go over it real quick and then give my opinion, cause that's what really matters lol.

In Asheville North Carolina , Grace is an airport car-rental agent living with her mother quits her job and embarks on a long-delayed quest: facing the legal barriers that keep her from finding the son she gave up for adoption when she was a teenager.
Across the state in Kure Beach, Mark is a young man obsessed with saving loggerhead sea turtles, meets George a friendly motel owner who offers him a place to stay.
In the center of the state is the small town of Eden, where a minister's wife struggles to confront her conservative husband over their estrangement from their son.

Now I must admit that when I first started watching this movie, I didnt realize that the storylines were interwoven. That's because I wasnt paying attention. I hardly ever see movies that invoke real emotions within myself. I mean the other night I watched Dont Say a Word. I mean that movie is from like 1802, well more like 2002 lol. but I mean who watches Dont Say a Word? I loves Loggerheads because it was soo real, mostly because of the characters involved. It showed how conservative soo many people still are in the south especially when it contains to homosexuality. And How easy it is for people to push things out of their mind and live in a state of denail rather than face the issues head on.

I took soo much away from this movie personally, but the bottom line of it was that life is soo short and precious. We should live it in a way that makes us happy, and not for someone else. Gotta stop living your life for other people. Anyone who lived in a small town, the south, or any other conservative area can relate to something in this movie rather it be a character that reminds them of a family member or a nosey neighbor. This is def one of the best movies I've seen in awhile, def sad.. Like if I could cry I would have, yeah I cant cry I'll save that for another time maybe.. But for now you should see Loggerheads. pics via loggersheadsmovie.com





Loggerheads stars Bonnie Hunt, Michael Learned, Kip Pardue, Michael Kelly, Tess Harper and Chris Sarandon.

No comments: