Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Let's Get Personal

When I first started this blog, I thought I would keep it light and "fun" full of celebrity news and hot boys. I had no intention including my personal life on here. It wasnt until recently when I read a guy I knows live journal that made me question my life. After reading Thomas's journal I realized how much I have changed. I use to be someone of certain depth, as of late I've become so wrapped up in the "fluff" of findin a hot guy and other non-important shit. I began to think and came to the conclusion that I need to make some changes in my life. First of all I dont exactly know how many people read my blog, and right now I'm really not that concerned with it. I just need an outlet to get these feeling/emotions out.

So right now I'm living in Roanoke Virginia which is your basic plain jane town, I mean it has it's quirks. But I have always known that this isnt the place for me. There's no room for personal or professional growth. Whenever I visit New York, Boston, Chicago there's somethng in me that lightens up, like the feeling of just arriving home after a long trip. Maybe it's the idea of endless possiblities that one city can hold that excites something deep inside me. I'm ready for new experiences but it's my fear that hinders me from making the leap. Looking at my life I see that I have fallen into such a repetitve pattern, one that I'm not very pleased with. My life now consist of work, eat, sleep, then the same shit all over again. I feel like I'm missing something, probably because I'm not living life to the fully as I once did. For one I use to be a hella of a lot more active, as of late tho I have been working slowly into gettin back into the grove of things. Running daily and doing yoga ( which is great for ur body) again.

I guess the biggest thing that I am lacking is compaionship. Sure I have friends and all, but very few of those realtionships are based on any real substance. Yeah it's aight to have friends that you hang out with, go out with, have fun and party with. But there comes a time when you want to have a real fuckin converstaion with someone on real issues. Preferably with someone who can contribute to the converstation as well. Not to mention that dating in this area for myself is really bleak. Maybe it's the lack of diversity in the area, I am in part a black male, who happens to be interested primarly in caucasian males. I dont know if it's the fact that I live in the south or not, but I'm not goin to harp on the fact either. I just know what I'm lookin for and what I want, so I'm def not goin to settle. Hope you all if anyone enjoys a lil insite to my life, I'll be back with half naked guys tomorrow lol..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Life is all about balance (here comes the Libra in me) and I truly think that just the fact that you recognize the need for deeper relationships puts you ahead of a lot of people. Just strive to be happy and you will find the people that you need to be in your life.

At least that is what I believe...

Anonymous said...

Thank u ;-) take a look this emo boy style over this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info