Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Say What?


I find this story in particular quite unbelievable yet exciting at the same time, particularly because I live in the state in question. So according to the Washington Post there's a rumor making the rounds here in good ole Virginia that the Democratic party wants Ben Affleck as the new senator! Apparently Mr. and Mrs. Affleck (aka. Jennifer Garner) have been house hunting in the Charlottesville area, and the Dems are looking for a "name" to challenge Sen. George Allen for his spot in the senate next year. First of all I dont believe Ben would ever consider that right now, Second I do believe that they may have been looking to buy property in the area. Charlottesville is nice, and it's already home to Sissy Spacek, John Grishman and some other people I'm sure .. Plus Cville is only an hr from me, and I personally would love Ben and Jen as neighbors .. Oh yeah Third, Jennifer is from WVA and I dont see Ben moving to West Virginia. But for now Ben's reps are dismissing the claim saying he's too busy making movies to get involved in politics. But have you seen his movies lately? Senator Affleck seems much more promising.

No comments: